North American Society for Comparative Endocrinology (NASCE)Navigation
1. Registration and Hotel Reservation for the 18 International Congress of Comparative Endocrinology (ICCE18) to be held from June 4 – 9, 2017 in Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada is now open. To start conference registration and hotel reservation, please visit the conference web site (www.icce18.ca).
As a reminder, the 4th biennial conference of the North American Society for Comparative Endocrinology (NASCE) meeting will be held jointly with the ICCE18. To be eligible for NASCE travel grants you will need to renew your NASCE membership. To do this please go to http://nasce-snaec.com.
2. The 11th International Symposium on Avian Endocrinology (ISAE2016)
will be held in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada on October 11-14, 2016.
See ISAE2016 Announcement for further information.
3. An update from the NASCE President, Dr. Robert M. Dores, has been posted.
4. The 18th International Congress of Comparative Endocrinology (ICCE18) held jointly with the 4th biennial conference of the North American Society for Comparative Endocrinology (NASCE) and 10th International Symposium on Amphibian and Reptilian Endocrinology and Neurobiology (ISAREN) will be held at Chateau Lake Louise, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada from June 4-9, 2017. See website for updates at: http://www.icce18.ca
5. The Message of the new NASCE President, Dr. Robert M. Dores (U of Denver) has been posted.
7. NASCE 2015 was a successful meeting! Thanks to the Ottawa’s LOC for organizing such a great venue!
8. NASCE 2015 Student Presentation Awardees (for details, see below)
Best PDF Oral Presentation:
Winner: Peng Zhang (U of Michigan)
Honorable Mention: Meet Zandawala (U of Toronto; & Queen Mary University London, UK)
Best PDF Poster Presentation:
Winner: Meet Zandawala (Queen Mary University London, UK)
Honorable Mention: Raymond Wong (U of Ottawa)
Best Student Oral Presentation:
Winner: Joshua Pemberton (U of Alberta)
Honorable Mention: Jonathan Douros (North Carolina State University)
Best Student Poster Presentation:
Winner: Hussain Al-Alkawi ( U of Toronto)
Honorable Mention: Andrea Durant (York University)
2 YEAR POSTDOC POSITION IN ENDOCRINOLOGY (AQUACULTURE), Prof. Alyssa Joyce
The University of Gothenburg is a bilingual university Swedish-English but candidates must be willing to relocate to Europe and travel regularly/for extended periods to labs in Australia, Netherlands, USA. Salary is $51,000 CAD after tax (salaries in Sweden provided after-tax) with excellent benefits package.
More information and application details at:
Please email Jean-Paul Paluzzi (paluzzi[at]yorku.ca) or Valerie Langlois (valerie.Langlois[at]rmc.ca) if you would like to post research opportunities available in your group.